1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You chose... poorly.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Bad decisions. We all make them, and if we're lucky we can laugh about them once we have suffered the ramifications. We're not talking about "I drove drunk and killed that homeless guy"-level of bad judgment, but here's my latest epic fail:

I'm packing for a move, already packed up the pots. Microwave is already donated to a local charity. But I was hungry. Order in? Nope. I opted for that last can of chicken soup left in the cupboard. And since cooking would have meant unpacking a pot, I said "Meh. I'll just eat it cold. Right out of the can!"

That was Monday. I'm just now recovering from a momentous case of trouser chili that would shock and amaze even George Brett. Life lesson: At least nuke that shit before spooning it down your gullet, or stock up on bathroom reading material.

So... you?

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

(Or, one might argue, sharing the tale of my scatological trauma...)

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Some people here went to Mizzou.

Ace, Chef2, wicked and 1 other person like this.
  4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

"Trouser chili" ... dayumnation

Mr. Sunshine and Killick like this.
  5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

In the vernacular, you macaronied your shorts. Hate when that happens.

Killick likes this.
  6. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Suggesting Phil as A1-worthy.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Becoming a journalist.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Getting married in Vegas. Since divorced (shocker?) but have a lovely 8 year old daughter out of the deal. So it wasn't all bad. But yeah, if a chick suggests skipping the traditional wedding to just get married it Vegas, don't mistake it for her being down to earth.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting to make my first good decision.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I once tried to swim out to the second sandbar by myself at the beach after a night of drinking while my friends dozed in the sand. Almost didn't make it back.

When the pizza joint we worked in finally got beer by the keg, me and 2 others filled a punch bowl with beer and drank it with straws. We had to clean up the floor after.

Most of my bad decisions/regrets were things I didn't do, though.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Took two jobs in newspapers. Two!

Ace likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted