1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

McCain Finds Another Crazy Man

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Jesus, John. Can you find one preacher who isn't nucking futs?
    http://www.motherjones.com/washington_dispatch/2008/03/john-mccain-rod-parsley-spiritual-guide.html

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

3. Oh, OK.
    Geraldine Ferraro is a nit wit who should not be advising the established candidate of her party by arguing that this country was founded by Jeebus to do away with another religion.
    What's that?
    She doesn't advise the candidate?
    She doesn't believe the latter?
    Who knew?

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I'm waiting for the Ian Paisley endorsement. You almost know it is coming...

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Done and done.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Geraldine Ferraro stepped down Wednesday from an honorary post in Hillary Rodham Clinton's presidential campaign amid a controversy regarding her comments that Barack Obama wouldn't be succeeding in the race for the White House if he weren't black.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

If he were black he'd be just another presidential candidate. [/Isiah Thomas]

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Hmm, I wonder if Sally Kern (she of the recent anti-gay bigotry) will be resigning anytime soon?

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Can anyone find the link of Olbermann's 9 1/2 minute editorial on Geraldine from tonight? My god, that was something to watch. He held back just enough not to call Ferraro a racist bitch who could fuck things up so badly that Team Elephant can walk into 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue without a nary a scratch on their faces.

Fen, oh wise one, please tell whether or not I'm crazy when I make this analysis: My first inclination after reading the original piece in the Daily Breeze is that Ferraro is, for no good way of describing it, is calling Obama "a no-good bamboozling ------, who has no business being as popular as he is and has no place in this Democratic race for nomination."

Am I wrong in seeing it in that light?

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

10. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

The reject-and-denounce bit was a nice touch. I think that could be a good line for Obama to use in the next few weeks, talking about rejecting and denouncing all that which he stands against.

Also...Parsley refers to himself as a "Christocrat?" Really? I'd laugh if only I could.

11. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Reading the description of the guy in the first link made me want to toss my cookies.

12. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Talent evaluator: "That's quite an act you've got there. What do you call it?"

Man covered in the bodily fluids of his wife, baby and pet beagle: "The Christocrats!"

Draft saved Draft deleted