1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Primaries Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Where is FB to tote Lurleen Clinton's water tonight?

Nice of her to issue about a half-second "apology" for Ferraro, instantly try to claim co-victim status, then end with usual campaign fluff. Oh, and nobody gets fired either. That's just for the chumps on the other side who actually have some fucking convictions. I hope Obama holds her feet to the fire nonstop on this one.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Since I'm on a symbolism kick...

Obama handily carried Jefferson Davis County.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So how long until Hillary sets her sights on taking the governorship of New York away from the blind black guy?

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Unless BO does something REALLY stupid, chances of HRC winning Michigan by ANY margin are very, very low.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Hillary's "Honest and Trustworthy" number tonight in Mississippi:

52-48.

In a Democratic primary.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

All I know is, I'm happy to see the results now that I'm home and catching up on the primary. With the perception by some that Hillary's the candidate to beat, I'm glad to see Obama's quietly going about his campaign, winning states as different as Mississippi and Wyoming.

7. That's still the most overblown piece of Obamaphile paranoia of the whole campaign.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

All I know is that millions of people reacted to it, immediately . . . when you're so intent on playing for keeps, sometimes you push the envelope too far.
    Bill's short-term exile following that faux pas spoke volumes.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The Clintons are starting to look desperate and needy. The farther that Obama will separate himself from them the better.

I think there are many like myself who would consider crossing over and voting for Obama - but not with Hillary as part of the ticket.

Picking her as VP would be huge mistake.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

To do it would devalue Obama's entire rap, to this point. Ditto for HRC, should she manage to smash-and-grab the nom.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Hillary won't settle for veep. No worries.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The last time I paid any attention to Ferraro, I was digging the Outfield's debut LP.

Good Gawd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.