1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Mmmmm....Kristen Bell. Yum.

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Saw "Doubt" about 2 hours ago with my mom. Philip Seymour Hoffman and Meryl Streep were both pretty great.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Marley and Me.

Getting ready to watch Transsiberian (based on the description on the back of the box) and Burn After Reading.

4. Got that on BluRay from my parents for Christmas. Also came with a download of it for my IPod. Both screens say Mila Kunis for me.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Watched Transformers: The Movie (kickass 1986 cartoon version) in 10-minute segments on YouTube last week. Got creeped out all over again when Prowl died and the smoke started spewing out of his mouth and eyes, and got dusty-eyed when Optimus Prime died.

6. That is a hell of a movie. I actually was at my parents' house back during the summer for a weekend and came across that on an old VHS one night. I popped it in and fell asleep to it.

Unicron, to this day, scares the fuck out of me.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Robin Hood: Men In Tights.

I thought it was excellent, but a bit drafty.

8. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

I will watch more movies on this vacation than in the entire rest of the year.

I upheld hockeybeat's new tradition with "Slapshot" on Christmas Day -- followed, randomly, by "27 Dresses," one of the few movies I did watch this year! -- and I'm now finally watching "Miracle." (I bought the DVD for my mom, a proud Boston University graduate, but never actually borrowed her copy.) I'd planned to go see "Slumdog Millionaire" or "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas" in an actual theatre tonight, but cancelled after falling asleep in the middle of a televised bowl game. Hopefully that'll happen, both for the supposedly excellent films and to satisfy my craving for theatre popcorn.

I've also got plans to see for "The Wrestler" after I get home... whenever that is!

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

In the last two days, Body of Lies, Changeling and The Wrestler.

Body of Lies is very underrated, although the ending isn't very satisfying.

The Wrestler is very good, but predictable and not nearly as dark as it's made out to be.

Changeling is outstanding.

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

For some reason for Christmas I was given a copy of the made for TV movie from 1983 "The Day After". Watched it yesterday before going to work. I had never even heard of it before, didn't even bother to check when it was made until I popped it in. Thought I would be getting a 'B' movie action flick that was trying to be an Independence Day sans the aliens. Obviously, for those that remember it, I couldn't have been further from reality. I still don't know what to think of it, good or bad, except to say it's fucked up.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Don't know how old you are, Beef, but that movie was a huge deal when it came out. It was a TV movie back when people still watched such things, and had major shock value when the cold war was still on.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, I can't think of a equivalent from the last decade, but that movie was a huge deal at the time.

Draft saved Draft deleted