1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hoeppner passes away

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by FuerteJ, Jun 19, 2007.

1. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

I didn't see this posted anywhere else, but Indiana football coach Terry Hoeppner died today, according to the AP.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2908831

Really a sad story. He fought the good fight and did everything he could do to live as well as he could during the past couple of years.

RIP.

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this. I really admired the job he did at IU and was troubled hearing about his recent medical leave and his status with the program. It didn't seem anyone wanted to exactly disclose what was going on with him, but you could read between the lines. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends in the program. I'll be rooting for the Hoosiers this year.

4. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Damn, sorry. I searched and didn't find a thread. Obviously I didn't search hard enough. I

5. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

A guy like Hoeppner is worthy of a second thread.

RIP.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

What Joe said. Classy guy. This is too, too sad. RIP

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

RIP. Don't know the man, but this does hit close to home. My HS football coach was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Had an operation and a second one was discovered. By all accounts, he was a stand-up guy.

Draft saved Draft deleted