1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terry Hoeppner, RIP

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BigDog, Jun 19, 2007.

1. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Died this morning, according to IU.
    Awful story.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Dammit, dammit, dammit. He made us Hoosiers proud in the short time he was on the sidelines.

3. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Some guys are best described with one word: gentleman.
    Not many of those guys are football coaches. It's just not the way their business works. But Hepp was. A true class act. What a sorry day.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

damn....

5. IU90

IU90 Member

Heartbreaking. He quite honestly was one of the best men you could ever meet in any line of work, much less coaching. And everybody I've met who ever crossed his path agrees with that, its not just eulogy talk. The sports world just lost one of its best human beings. Meanwhile, the Pacmans keep chomping.

6. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Indeed he did.

RIP.

7. the fop

the fop Member

Hep was a class, class act, a wonderful representative for Miami before IU.

Man, Randy Walker last summer and now Hep. The Cradle of Coaches mourns.

8. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

This is terrible news because he was not only a real good coach, but from what I understand, he was an even better person.

9. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

And the Nick Sabans of the world keep spinning their half and three quarters truths while padding their bank accounts and egos. Life, indeed, is not fair.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fuckin A right, bubba

11. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

I said it on the other thread and I will say it again: Coach Hoeppner was one of the kindest, most considerate and helpful coaches I've dealt with in any sports at any level. I feel blessed to have just interviewed him.

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

RIP. I hope Indiana can score at least one upset win in the conference this year for him.

Draft saved Draft deleted