1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Brother 16

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 3, 2014.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I agree with this. I also think Frankie will have more jury support than people think. There is some strategy in voting out your friends, being super nice on the exit brief (like he was to Zach) and then be super charming when you're in front of the jury.

Derrick is the clear favorite, but all it takes is one HOH with some stones and he's gone. It won't be this week. Cody doesn't have the balls and he might not have the votes anyway.

2. sportsnut2002

sportsnut2002 Member

Derrick has been able to get whatever he wants as far as nominations this year without anyone really doing much to go against it. I'm still waiting to see Cody do something big instead of doing what the alliance wants, which is what he said he did when nominating Donny and Nicole. He talked of getting Frankie out but ol' Derrick talked him out of it. I saw a comparison on a blog (may have been Hamsterwatch) that said Cody is the new Shane from BB14, and that may be exactly right.

I just don't see Frankie getting that much support. With the whole thing about his sister being a celebrity people will use that as part of the reason they won't vote for him, with the biggest being that he is such a liar. The only ones he beats of those left in the house are Victoria and Christine. He loses against anyone else. And nobody believes for a second that he's giving his money to charity, unless it's the Frankie J. Grande Foundation to get more Instagram and YouTube followers.

Like I said, the only person I see Derrick being put up by is Nicole. If she's gone, he coasts to the money. Cody thinks he's got a Final 2 deal with Derrick that will stand up, Victoria is so smitten with him she'd never put him up, Caleb probably wants to get Frankie out first, and I don't see Frankie or Christine winning another HOH comp.

I may be wrong in the end, but that's my hunch. Nicole better win HOH this week.

3. RecoveringJournalist

You think Caleb or Cody would beat Frankie? I don't.

4. sportsnut2002

sportsnut2002 Member

I think Caleb could beat him, but it would be a very close vote. I don't think Cody reaches the final four, let alone finale night.

5. RecoveringJournalist

It all goes to if someone wants to take the best player with them to the finals or someone they think/know they can beat.

Assuming Donny goes out this week, I think Derrick is the overwhelming favorite, followed by Frankie, then maybe Christine, Caleb, Cody, and then Nicole (because she's already been evicted once) and Victoria coming up the rear.

6. sportsnut2002

sportsnut2002 Member

If the HOH is an endurance comp this week who wins? Assuming Donny does get voted out, which I think is a formality. I would be stunned to see him actually survive the vote at this point.

7. sportsnut2002

sportsnut2002 Member

BUMP ... UPDATE

Watching the chatter on Jokers and the assumed Donny eviction may not happen. Nicole may get sent right back out as Donny is apparently telling Cody that if he stays he'll target Christine and Victoria if he wins HOH.
    At this point I'd rather they just stick with the original plan and get rid of Donny. They're getting paranoid over someone who I think is getting far too much credit for her ability to win a comp.
    No matter what the vote tonight should be exciting for the first time all season.

8. RecoveringJournalist

That doesn't make a ton of sense. Wouldn't the assumption be if Nicole won HOH that she would target Christine? Well, maybe she would target Frankie. Who knows? I still think Donny would be the smarter move tonight, because I can't imagine how someone who was voted out could come back in and win the game, even as well-liked as she is. Maybe if she was going against Victoria, but in what world would that even be possible?

9. sportsnut2002

sportsnut2002 Member

If I were Nicole and won HOH I'd try to backdoor Christine. She may put Frankie up in that scenario but Christine would be the one she wants out more than anyone. Nicole and Victoria are getting close, and part of the paranoia is that if Nicole stays the three would team up (Nicole, Christine, Victoria), but that's believing Nicole and Christine have restored things to before the original Nicole eviction, and I don't think that's the case.
    Appears Nicole is picking up the scent that Frankie is trying to flip the vote. She's now telling Cody she won't put Cody up.

... and now Derrick apparently said he wants to keep Nicole. Good grief I wish I didn't have to work tonight. I'd follow this until the live show.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Christine's husband ... WTF!?
    He looks like he's 12. And those earrings look like something he stole from an African tribesman. Dude deserves to be cuckolded by Cody for the earrings alone.

11. RecoveringJournalist

Caleb won HOH, so I wouldn't be stunned to see some drama. But in the end, he'll probably put two of the women up.

12. sportsnut2002

sportsnut2002 Member

SPOILER INCLUDED IN FOLLOWING POST:

Caleb doesn't have the foresight, or the ability, to make a big move. He'll probably put up Nicole and Christine (that's the jist from the live feeds), and then if one of them gets pulled down, Victoria joins them as a pawn (possible) and the other goes home.
    Next Thursday is double eviction night. Who do you think will be the final 5 after next Thursday?

Draft saved Draft deleted