1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Brother 16

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Show debuts in a couple of weeks, so the cast should be revealed soon. Persistent rumors that it'll include some returnees and family members, including...

Rachel Reilly and her slightly less annoying sister.

WTF, CBS? If this is true, I am absolutely not watching.

2. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I read Frank will return with his father, former WWE wrestler Sycho Sid Viscious.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I can't imagine a scenario where I wouldn't watch... Perfect summer TV when there is very little to choose from...

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I am totally with you. I'll be watching, even if they bring Rachel back.

I'd much rather they find an all new group of house guests, though.

In my opinion, they go wrong when they try to stack the deck -- when they go out recruiting people that they think will make good TV. Like Shane on BB 14. He knew nothing about the show, was a terrible player and was just on there because he had been in Cosmopolitan magazine and they recruited him. They also go wrong when they get too cute, bringing back people from past seasons, thinking their popularity will carry over.

The best houseguests for me are always the superfans whose dream it was to be on the show and have some game to them. They should be able to find people like that who fit their stereotypes (gay or lesbian, old person, jock, cheeleader, geek, etc.). I wish they would just stick with that.

After last season, I wouldn't be surprised if they are gunshy about picking people and will want to control everything even more than they already do.

5. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Bring it on.

I need something decent to watch.

6. Mizzougrad96

I hate to say it, but bringing Rachel back is a good move because she's one of the more memorable players in show history and she has some level of credibility since she's won before.

7. Mizzougrad96

I'm glad they're doing it earlier in the summer.

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Two seasons on BB, two on Amazing Race. Eeeeenough.

9. Bradley Guire

Career contestants. Meh.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm shocked CBS isn't sending Brenchel into the house trying to get them conceive while there.

And I hope none of the challenges involve house guests jumping from a three-foot height or so. That could be traumatic for Sid.

11. Bradley Guire

No scissors in the house either.

12. Mizzougrad96

I remember reading something last season where Brendan (sp?) had no interest in going back into the house.

Draft saved Draft deleted