1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Big Brother 16

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 3, 2014.

1. sportsnut2002

sportsnut2002 Member

And the buzz is Frankie gets some more air time on The Talk tomorrow. Wonder if it means he's America's Favorite Player?

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Derrick wins in a runaway, with a 7-2 vote.
    Amazing that stat he threw out about never once being on the block in 55 competitions.

3. sportsnut2002

sportsnut2002 Member

I wonder how much Cody will kick himself for not taking Victoria to the end.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It wasn't in Cody's nature to stab Derrick in the back at the end. You can't criticize him too much. Being a nice guy was part of what got him to the end. That is what I posted yesterday. It was a move that probably cost him $450K, but I figured it would go down that way if he won the final competition.

Derrick played close to a flawless game. In fact, the only flaw I can find is him not winning the final HoH and guaranteeing himself a spot in the final two. He was the most impressive houseguest since I have started watching. I am kind of blown away by how in control he was.

The season is always fun when you get the right (at least IMO) outcome, so I liked it.

My favorite part of the finale was at the end, when they came back from commercial with everyone gathered around Julie so she could announce America's Favorite. Frankie was parked front and center right next to her. I suspect he thought for sure he won it -- especially when she said that there had been 10 million votes, he probably figured his "social media mogul" minions had voted for him. There was something satisfying to me about him not winning anything.

5. sportsnut2002

sportsnut2002 Member

I know it wasn't in Cody's nature to do it, but I think Derrick would've understood it. When you have a chance to win 500K, you give yourself the best chance possible. Picking Derrick to go to the end with did nothing to help Cody. And no matter what anyone says, there wasn't a single chance in hell that anyone would've seriously voted for Victoria over Cody. Or Derrick, for that matter.

Watching Frankie lose America's Favorite Player was great. Knowing he didn't make top three was even greater. Knowing Donny won made it about as close to perfect as you could get.

6. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Every time Dr. Will comes back, I wish Season 2 of Big Brother was in syndication.

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Watching Frankie preen and pose only to lose the AF was fantastic.

8. RecoveringJournalist

There was some behind the scenes stuff on this. At one point, Frankie's sister was campaigning for him to win AF, but then apparently somebody let them know that might not be well-received because it puts him at such a huge advantage to have someone with a millions of Twitter followers lobbying for you. I think they changed course and campaigned for Zach.

Donny deserved to win, but I can't help but wonder if his sister hadn't gotten involved if Frankie might not have had a shot at it.

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Just saw this. Well, Evel Dick's hasty disappearance from BB13 explained, finally. IIRC, at the time, they said it was because a family illness.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/01/dick-donato-hiv-positive_n_5916504.html

10. RecoveringJournalist

He can say what he wants, but I'm betting on IV drug use.

Draft saved Draft deleted