1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2014 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rockbottom, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Raw Backstage Pass has its merits, like tonight. Hilarious bit with Tooker B and Alex Rawley while discussing the arrest of Stephanie.

Booker: "Y'all don't know how it is, but I've been arrested ..."

Alex, looking down sheepishly: "I've been arrested ...(inaudible)..." Alex continues staring at his shoes.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If they're collecting mid-carders, you just know Titus O'Neil is the next to join. It'll actually probably do wonders for him.
    I just can't wait until they bring back Los Boriquas.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Raine Maida just kicked a moose.

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

RAW for me was pretty good last night.

However, how can you not push the tag division a little more? Have the USOS on RAW at least. Wyatts were there but only in support to beat up Jericho and be in the ring for Bray's awesome promo.

And speaking of awesome promos, Heyman ... wow. His whole One Cenation speech was incredible.

If they give Lesnar the belt at Slam, which I hope they do, they'll need him to defend it every PPV. I can see how they might work it, even if Lesnar doesn't come to every Raw. You can have Heyman come out and be the advocate, he can even carry the belts to the ring and when they need to bring Lesnar in, he'll show up to face the challenger in a RAW stare/beat down or at the PPV.

It would be awesome to me if they kept the belt on Lesnar all the way to Mania. Who's going to beat him? etc. And then finally when things have gotten out of control for HHH he has to turn to Roman Reigns, who he's been feuding with for months leading up because there's no one left to do it.

5. cowboy2001

cowboy2001 Member

So Lesnar wins the title at SummerSlam and keeps it until WrestleMania, when he faces Royal Rumble winner ...... Daniel Bryan (if he can return to the ring by then). Would love to see it.

6. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

I imagine they'll want Reigns to win it against him at WM31.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That was one big thing they botched with Cesaro. Instead of turning him face after WM when he was hot, gave him Heyman. Fine.

Then they just have a parting of the ways and that's it. Instead, they could have kept Cesaro,with Heyman, until he starts to complain that he's spending too much time with Lesnar. Then, Cesaro turns face and gets at least one, if not two title matches at PPVs until next year. That gives some title match filler until the big WM build, and elevates Cesaro.

Nope, unless it's some awkward thing that continues next week. And we could have enjoyed the visual and the resulting sound effects of Heyman getting swung around.

8. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Yeah, totally get that.

9. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I'd love to see Byran slay Lesnar instead of Reigns.......I know Reigns has the look and he's been billed and kind of locked in as the next big thing, but I'm starting to not see it. He's kind of boring on the mic and I'm not a huge fan of the super man punch.

I think Rollins and Ambrose have a chance to be the show stealers out of the group. They're just more charasamatic to me, and have been able to do more in the ring against each other. Maybe it's a consequence of Reigns being in there with an aging Kane and Orton instead of the young studs, but he's boring me a bit.

He's way over with the crowd right now, and if he hits WM31 as the next champ it certainly won't be undeserved. Just not exactly my cup of tea and I don't see it as a slam dunk.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I think Reigns will wind up a lot like the Rock in that he's going to be much better as a heel, assuming they turn him at some point. I'd love to see him as the cocky heel much like Rock was during a lot of his feuds with Austin.

Pair Reigns with Ambrose or Rollins, and you could have our next Rocky-Austin on our hands.

11. TurnTwo2

TurnTwo2 Member

I like that. If we're figuring Reins = The Rock, at least in some form, make Ambrose Austin and Rollins HBK. These three men should be the foundation for the next decade of professional wrestling in the WWE.

12. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

So WWE has posted this cryptic tweet / photo on their Twitter. Any guesses?

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/329721/WWE-Teases-/'Something-is-Coming-on-Twitter.htm

Draft saved Draft deleted