1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2014 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rockbottom, Dec 30, 2013.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Something to do with the intercontinental title.

2. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I think it's the adoption of the Network logo as the main logo, which means new title plates. Some sites have reported this already as a thing happejing for the post-SS Raw. Time to begin the hype.

3. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

What's the point of the two belts when they're declaring themselves WWE world Hheavyweight champion? Is the WWE champ a thing of the past?

4. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I guess the visual of having two belts reinforces that the guy holding them is the unified champ, the WWE World champ as opposed to WWE champ and World champ. They could always split the belts again, at least until they eventually go with one new belt (probably when WWE's new logo goes fully online).

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I don't know if they'll go with a new belt then. It took them several years to get rid of the spinner belt, so Vince is going to get his money's worth on this one.

6. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Was bored tonight, so I decided to book a "second WWF title reign" for Ultimate Warrior.

June 1992 - Ric Flair defeats Randy Savage thanks to interference by Mr. Perfect and the debuting Razor Ramon. Savage is put on the shelf for two months.

Warrior and Flair begins a feud

Summerslam Spectacular '92 - The Ultimate Warrior and LOD defeats Money Inc and Razor Ramon (Flair was originally scheduled for the match, but he pulled out moments before the bell and had Razor replace him).

Summerslam 1992 - The Ultimate Warrior defeats Ric Flair for the WWE World Title (Savage returns to keep Perfect and Razor from interfering).

The Warrior/Flair feud evolves into Mega Maniacs (Warrior/Savage) vs Flair & company

SNME 31 - The Ultimate Warrior successfully defends WWF Title against Razor Ramon. (Warrior is laid out after the match by Flair and company)

Survivor Series Showdown '92 - Ric Flair and Razor Ramon defeats The Mega Maniacs after Warrior is knocked out with a title shot by Mr. Perfect and Flair pins him. (Hypes next two World Title matches).

Survivor Series 1992 - The Ultimate Warrior defeats Ric Flair to retain his WWF World Title. Elsewhere on the card saw Mr. Perfect wrestle his first match in nearly a year and a half as he's the Sole Survivor of an elimination match which saw Razor Ramon and Randy Savage get double counted out earlier in the match. (Match = Mr. Perfect, Razor Ramon and Money Inc vs Randy Savage, The Natural Disasters and Jerry Sags) *Brian Knobbs was injured in the build-up of this match*

With Mr. Perfect wrestling again, the Warrior/Flair feud transitions to Warrior/Perfect while Savage/Razor wraps up and Flair spends the next couple of months hyping up the fact that he was going to win the Royal Rumble

Monday Night Raw Jan 11 - Ted DiBiase defeats The Ultimate Warrior in a non-title match after Mr. Perfect laid Warrior out during a ref bump.

Royal Rumble 1993 - The Ultimate Warrior successfully defended WWE Title against Mr. Perfect. Elsewhere on the card, Savage defeats Razor Ramon to end their feud and Yokozuna wins the Royal Rumble match.

Monday Night Raw Feb 1 - The Ultimate Warrior successfully defends WWE Title against Ted DiBiase.

Monday Night Raw Feb 8 - Mega Maniacs defeat WWE Tag Champions, Money Inc, by DQ after Mr. Perfect and Razor Ramon interfered at various points. After the match, Yokozuna comes out and has a stare down with The Ultimate Warrior.

Warrior/Yokozuna feud officially begins

Wrestlemania 9 - Yokozuna cleanly defeats The Ultimate Warrior to end the reign of Warrior and to become the first heel in the history of Wrestlemania to end the show with the title. Elsewhere on the card saw Mr. Perfect and Randy Savage wrestle with Savage picking up the win.

Post-Yokozuna win notes:

- Savage is set-up to be Yokozuna's first PPV title contender.
    - Bret Hart wins the Royal Rumble.
    - A newly babyface turned Razor Ramon challenges Yokozuna for the title at Summerslam.
    - Yokozuna holds title for a full year before finally loses the title at Wrestlemania 10 to Bret Hart.

7. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Allegedly they're phasing out the scratch WWE logo in favor of the WWE Network's variation after SummerSlam. http://whatculture.com/wwe/wwe-new-logo-will-debut-after-summerslam.php

If so, they'll want to replace the belt with its old logo.

8. KYSportsWriter

I knew they were phasing the scratch logo out, but I don't know about changing belts. The panels are changeable, so I wonder if the main plate is?

9. KYSportsWriter

I take that back. Everything I've read in the last few minutes says WWE is going to debut a new belt around SummerSlam -- which seems kind of stupid in the wake of all the budget cuts recently.

10. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. If it's still the same belt but with the new design, you're talking at max maybe a couple thousand dollars to change it up? Those belts sell for $400 each and people WILL buy them. Could be a good merchandising opportunity.

11. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

If the change does happen, it's got to be a hell of an expense to have newnplates made. Every small and large plate on every belt. The NXT title already swapped to secondary plates with the new logo back when the Network launched, so that's one. Might have been a good reason to unify the IC and US titles, but that doesn't seem likely with Miz and Sheamus in separate programs. But a lot can change between now and SummerSlam.

12. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

WWE posted another image this morning. Its a silhouette of a man with long hair, and LoD shoulder spikes.

Prince Deviltt? Perhaps.

Draft saved Draft deleted