1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2014 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rockbottom, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Ahoy!

Thoughts on the upcoming Royal Rumble ... With tonight's BIG NEWZ (spoiler alert ... Brock Lesnar returns!), how does that shuffle the deck?

rb

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I hate when stuff like that is ruined, simply because the guy was mentioned in a Smack Down taping.

But I'll still mark out when his music hits.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I marked out a lot more when the guy made his first return. Now? He's only been gone a little while, nothing major.

4. KYSportsWriter

I wonder if they had delayed his last return if he'd have gotten the same reaction?

5. KYSportsWriter

And we have our main event for the Royal Rumble: Orton vs. Cena .... again.

6. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Well, they had to get Cena's rematch in there at some point.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That F5 to Mark Henry was pretty impressive. He lifted Henry up and held him there like he was holding a 25-pound sack of potatoes.

8. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

So where does this go now with Bryan and the Wyatts? Do they tie in the Bella twin and their marriage?

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Ok, that ending was pretty cool, but I sure as fuck don't want Bryan to become a heel. He's the most popular guy they have (sorry Cena lovers). Unless they're planning on doing something totally awesome with him and the Wyatts, I hope they're not trying to do this to bury his popularity.

10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Did not see that coming at all and I'm also wondering what the heck they're thinking....

11. KYSportsWriter

I have no clue where they're going with this, but I'm definitely intrigued. Probably the most stoked about a storyline as I've been in a while.

12. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Boo! You cheated! Everyone knows you can't start the next year's thread until the current year ends. I call shenanigans!

Draft saved Draft deleted