1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Doug Flutie Dropkick to Week 7 of the NFL

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 14, 2014.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

What do y'all think of Gruden's comparison of Bell to Curtis Martin? Obviously, he has a very long way to go, but in terms of style and ability, I can see it.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

When I see Le'veon Bell run I see Dick Hoak

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Antonio Brown has the toughness of John Stallworth and the grace of Lynn Swann

4. outofplace

I don't think that was a catch by Antonio Brown. Looked like his second foot hit on the white line. Even if replay overturns the touchdown, that was still two amazing efforts by him on this drive.

5. outofplace

No reason at all to take that penalty. Just stupid. That said, at least Tomlin made the right decision by going for the field goal. I don't care how close it was to the first down, you have to kick the field goal to push the lead to two scores.

6. outofplace

Before my time, so I'll take your word for it. Hoak was coaching by the time I was born.

7. outofplace

Mike Mitchell finally made a big play, but that is also an inexcusable mistake by Hopkins to fumble in that spot.

8. outofplace

James Harrison finally made an impact in his return to the Steelers. Unfortunately, it was a stupid roughing the passer penalty, helping the Texans get into position to score with two minutes left. Might not matter, but Pittsburgh made this drive way too easy on Houston.

9. outofplace

Have to agree with Tirico and Gruden. The deep shot the Steelers took on their last possession was a big mistake. Gave the Texans a shot. Sure, they need to recover the on-sides kick, but it shouldn't have come to that.

10. outofplace

Wow. Heyward-Bey nearly pissed this one away for the Steelers. Terrible job, giving the Texans a chance to recover.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

This thread turns into a one man twitter feed when the Steellers play.

12. outofplace

Mixed in with folks whining rather than contributing something else.

Draft saved Draft deleted