1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Doug Flutie Dropkick to Week 7 of the NFL

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Lot of good match ups this week.

Of course the entire world ::) will be focused on the Dallas-NY Giants game.
    Denver-San Francisco should be good.
    Chiefs-Chargers
    Bengals-Colts

And the Thursday nightmare: Jets-Pats. The funeral march for Geno's tenure as starting QB?

Smith, being a WVU favorite, has a lot of support here from fans blaming the media for his malignment as a starting QB. Stats be damned!

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I don't think Dallas is as good as it's record (Yeah, I know I'm going out on a limb here) but I don't think they're going to melt down this year. I think the Cowboys are going to make the playoffs.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

What the hell is going on in Big D when a player has to buy his own underwear and cologne? That's what Joseph Randle wants to know.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/10/14/dallas-cowboys-rb-randle-arrest-for-theft/

He is 22 years old and makes $495,000.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Well, he didn't have to when he was in college. Crab legs either.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

‏@SportsNation 10m The Raiders might be terrible, but Derek Carr may be the real deal:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Considering Carr had four touchdowns in his first four games, I'd wait a little longer before putting him on a pedestal.

7. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Carr needs to get better under pressure. He gets the willies sometimes and makes bad decisions. Two almost INTs (one to Jarrett Johnson on a screen pass) and an intentional grounding yesterday alone. Even vs Houston there was the pick to the DL. I mean, Watt was flying at him unblocked but still. He made some bad decisions with heat vs Miami too.

The thing is though, Carr's pocket presence and movement within are improving week to week. And on top of that, for every horrid play like that, there's another where he avoids the rush to check it down, throw it away or get a legit completion.

8. LongTimeListener

9. LongTimeListener

Now this is a bad-blood rivalry worthy of the NFL! 49ers cornerback Perrish Cox squares off with Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas -- two years after Thomas testified against Cox in a sexual-assault trial. Cox was acquitted; the woman had accused Cox of drugging her (he got her pregnant), and Thomas told the jury Cox said "she's ready" before he got started. Lovely.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/10/15/49ers-cb-perrish-cox-faces-player-who-testified-against-him/

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

If there's one thing I think Kaepernick needs to become "elite" or "nearly great" is that ability to slide in the pocket then check it down.

11. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

He looked really good Monday night. It was a rare game where I wasn't sitting there screaming, "GET THE FUCKING PLAY OFF!!!"

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Also not accurate. Dan Marino had 11 TD passes in his first 5 games (though they weren't his team's first five games since David Woodley began the season as the starter).

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MariDa00/gamelog/1983/

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted