1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adrian Peterson Indicted

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pancamo, Sep 12, 2014.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Reggie Bush wants you to know that when he was talking about disciplining his 1-year-old daughter harshly but making sure not to leave bruises, you shouldn't mistakenly conclude that he means he is hitting her. I mean, duh.

http://deadspin.com/reggie-bush-admits-to-harshly-disciplining-his-1-year-1635845101?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Didn't ESPN run an hour-long story on Marshall last night? Why do I have a feeling Allred watched that and thought she could find a reason to weasel her way into the conversation?

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Cards RB Jonathan Dwyer is reportedly arrested for domestic violence.

And in case anyone's thinking about who will fill his role ... the RB on the Arizona practice squad, Chris Rainey, was previously released due to a domestic violence report.

http://fansided.com/2014/09/17/report-cardinals-rb-jonathan-dwyer-arrested-domestic-violence/

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I hope you're either kidding or forgot the blue font.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Your alternative to this being between him and the Lord is what again?

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah. He demonstrated true character. No wonder his coaches/GM/Owners love him.

7. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Nike in no way condones child abuse.

Except when it meant cheap labor.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

What's the difference between what Peterson did, and what any other child abuser does who uses discipline as a cover?

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

BTW, did everyone catch the statement Peterson's lawyer put out about the beating he laid on his other four-year-old kid?

He said that they weren't new allegations, that they had been "shopped" to various law enforcement agencies, and that the Vikings were awaer of them.

So, when Peterson was indicted, this should not have been shocking to the Vikings.

After the first allegation, did they do anything? Did they discuss it with Peterson? Did they encourage him to seek counseling for anger management, or talk to someone about his parenting skills?

Did they warn him that something like this couldn't happen again, or tell him he probably shouldn't be alone with his young children, if only to prevent further false allegations?

The fact that this guy would engage in this behavior after a child of his had already died as a result of domestic violence, at the hand of another man, really disgusts me too.

10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Adrian Peterson, Ray Rice, Greg Hardy, Jonathan Dwyer ... Ray McDonald.
    Hmmm, kinda makes me wish for the kinder days of Johnny Football's party habits.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I miss when Tebow was in the news every day. At least that was fun to argue about.
    The next shoe to drop here is a rape charge, no stranger to the NFL.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

There are many people around these parts that have a bigger problem with Tebow than the Petersons and Rices of the world.

Draft saved Draft deleted