1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adrian Peterson Indicted

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pancamo, Sep 12, 2014.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm glad you're begging, but when I have something to tell you, you will know.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I often labor under the assumption English is the primary language for some people here.
    I'm not sure what it is you want explained.
    I think Peterson is a piece of shit. Should I go hoarse exclaiming it?
    So is Reggie Bush for saying he "harshly" disciplines a 1-year-old.
    She's one year old, you moron.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

And just to elaborate, I don't think anyone here has ever accused Fart or myself of not saying what's on our mind. Often to each other, in fact.

So that would render your inquiry just a little bit more idiotic.

4. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

I've never spanked either of my kids.

Probably has something to do with the memories of catching my dad's belt buckle upside the spinal cord once or 20 times, I reckon.

The thought of leaving my own children with hatred for me in their hearts literally makes me physically ill.

At the same time, I'm a hypocrite and so are many of you.

If you've ever owned an article of clothing manufactured by Nike, you condone child abuse -- and my son and I each have a closet full of the stuff.

I guess that's "different," or some such shit. Amazing the lengths we'll go to rationalize our decisions.

5. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

You're also a hypocrite if you drive a car and are concerned about global warming.

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

This would be a fun week for Joe Namath to
    get drunk and try to kiss a sideline reporter again.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know why people are trying to make this about corporal punishment. Corporal punishment doesn't allow for injuring a child.

8. Hokie_pokie

Is there an ignore button for this idiot?

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

FWIW, Hub Arkush's preseason magazine has Peterson ranked as the league's 11th-best player.

10. Hokie_pokie

Ummm ... because it appears to be (if you accept Peterson's story) a case of corporal punishment gone WAY too far.

Wish you would've been around 30 years ago to explain to my father that you're not supposed to hurt your kid when you whack the shit out of him with your belt, though.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Dan you need to check your self

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Dan, many people, Charles Barkley most prominent among them, have said that corporal punishment does indeed allow for injuring a child.

Also, if there's no pain, what's the point?

Draft saved Draft deleted