1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL pre-season and news thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Double Down and I are of peacefulness, I am heartened to note.
    I remain of the opinion Drew Magary is a miserable piece of shit.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Raiders are going to surprise some teams this year - they'll crap the bed and lose games they have no business losing - but they'll surprise some teams as well. Perhaps even manage six or seven wins.

3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I didn't see Oakland's game against Green Bay. How did the offensive line look? Against Detroit, I thought the first-teamers were pretty weak, particularly pass protection.

4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Schaub looked like a guy whose career ended last year.

5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

He didn't look very good against Detroit either but I tended at the time to attribute a lot of it to poor protection and some bad decisions by receivers. I'll have to try to catch a replay of the Packers game on NFL Network.

6. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

At times Schaub looked okay, but mostly he looked like he was lost. On defense, Mack was all over the place.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

They will be damn lucky to win four.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Rex Ryan once again chokes in a meaningless game

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Suh is in midseason form.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11395355/ndamukong-suh-detroit-lions-flagged-roughing-passer

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Awesome. From the comments:

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Welker being looked at for another concussion.

PFM gets an unsportsmanlike foul for getting into the face of D.J. Swearinger, who delivered the cheap shot. This after PFM throws TD passes of 67 and 29 yards to Emmanuel Sanders, who will be more than a worthy replacement for reality show diva Eric Decker, in the last two minutes of the first half.

12. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be so sure. Decker has had a nose for the end zone when it counts. If Sanders thrives under Manning, good for him, but he's still the No. 3 option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.