1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zeppelin returns, apparently triumphantly

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, Dec 10, 2007.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

Bubs, you can spend your money any way you want, but if you spend three figures on a concert, you're an idiot. Have a Nice Like Clockwork Brett Favre Will Have His Worst Game Of The Year In The Playoffs Day.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'd say Have A Nice Bears Were A One-Year Wonder, Bullshit Super Bowl Participant Day, but that's everyday.

So I'll try Have A Nice Desparately Yearning For Jim Miller To Play Quarterback Day instead.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Eh, that doesn't faze me. I'm fully aware of just how much the Bears suck. All I have left to root for is that Superman will throw another 6 INTs in an important game.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey Pall how much does it cost to see Cemetary Gates in concert?

Do they have a two-drink minimum?

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Superman won't be doing it in any important games against the Bears that's for certain.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Dimebag Darrell's dead, and Phil Anselmo might as well be.

I believe it's a two-tattoo minimum -- like going to a Sox game. :)

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm starting to see a trend here Pall.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I take exception to the negative Pantera comments.

I loved seeing them live. Getting tickets was never a problem, and you never had to pay more than face value.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm just fucking around with Pallister, Piotr.

I'd have liked to have seen Pantera. I probably would have gotten my ass kicked to within an inch of my life, but it would have been memorable.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

As much as I enjoy Pantera, I wouldn't be caught ..., uh, I wouldn't go to one of their concerts. If I got stuck with a group of morons in a mosh pit, I'd likely have to commit a few felonies on my way out.

EDIT: If it's an ass-kicking you want ...

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I caught the playful barb-ness . . . I gues my little joke about the fact Pantera was never that in-demand a ticket fell flat. What else is new?

For what it's worth, I saw them . . um . . . OK, five times. They were great each time, with Slayer being the opening act for their final tour in 2001. The only issue is that the last couple times, Anselmo was a poor man's Axl Rose as a stage philosopher, which meant a lot of loudness and stupidity.

The mosh pits were pretty insane, though. A lot of fun.

Ah, to be young and reckless again.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Walk on home, boy.

Draft saved Draft deleted