1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zeke has no idea why he killed a hobo tonight: Henley joins Billy Joel @ Shea

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jul 17, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

For me, the day Billy Joel met Christie Brinkley was the day the music died. He had some nice diddies "Tell Her About It", "River of Dreams" ..but he meets Brinkley, they get married, he replaces most of his backing band, the music loses its spine, dumps his longtime producer and starts dressing better and singing about bullshit.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

His voice (or sound system) is much improved since the days of the last Elton John tour.

He is what he is -- an often excellent songwriter who tries to mimic his albums in concert. He doesn't try to stretch or do anything new or interesting in concert. He gives the fans who know the words to all of his songs the chance to sing along with Billy.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Re: Zeke has no idea why he killed a hobo tonight: Henley joins Billy Joel @ She

I actually saw Joel six or seven years ago. Glad I went, but I'd never pay to see him again.

And that fuckin' hobo had it coming.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

the last worthless evening you'll ever spend?

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So are they each getting a turn in the rotation or a spot in the bullpen?

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My sister is the biggest Billy Joel fan I know, so I've heard plenty of his music -- I only own The Essential -- and am a casual fan. Scenes is at the top of my list, along with Miami and Captain Jack. Anthony's Song is a good one, too.

7. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Re: Zeke has no idea why he killed a hobo tonight: Henley joins Billy Joel @ She

As long as you don't go quietly.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

So wait...you texted JUNKIE? And you couldn't get your worthless fingers to work texting me?

You're a douchebag.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Whoa.

The end of the innocence, right there.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Junkie and I fight, but that post was awesome.

11. The Stranger was the first album I ever owned. I played it religiously on my Fisher Price record player, and then begged my dad to buy me the album with Uptown Girl on it.

I think the Only the Good Die Young and Allentown are easily his best songs, lyrically. That said, I haven't listened to one of his albums, tapes or cds in years.

12. jps

jps Active Member

Lullaby (Goodnight My Angel) is 'our song' for little jps and me. she loves that thing and makes me play it all the time during the going-to-bed routine. which is cool, as billy joel = one of the greatest American songwriters alive.

Draft saved Draft deleted