1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Zambrano and Barrett

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rambler, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

Yeah!!!!!

Zambrano gave him some of my avatar action.

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

This is why I've said for the last two years, I don't want Carlos Zambrano on my team. I'm a Cards fan. We need pitching. I have no use for Zambrano.

3. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

I know it's already been handed down but my unique idea for punishment was to bust their butts down to Tennessee or Daytona for a week and make them ride a bus to games and play with 19 year old kids.

That's 1,000 posts, baby!

4. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I thought Phil Rogers' column today nailed the whole situation...
    http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-070601rogers,1,1354652.column?coll=cs-cubs-headlines

Also, enjoyed seeing the first Cubs' Lou Piniella meltdown today, complete with kicking dirt on an umpire and kicking his hat all over the general vicinity of third base.
    At least they're showing a little fight.....

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Little fight?  Little fight?  This is the first time that anyone in that dugout wearing a Cubs uniform went batshit since Shawn Dunston went after someone for trying to take him out on a bang-bang play at second base (that doesn't include Farnsworth piledriving Paul Wilson). 

Cliff Floyd was correct when he told Wittemeyer from the Sun-Times that this team has no guts and no heart to defend themselves and fight back.  They sit there like pussies and take whatever comes their way. 

I never understood the reasoning for signing Barrett, only because he could hit.  The kid isn't all that bright behind the plate with those gaffes.  Chris Drury in his Little League days could make better plays than that.  It would nice for Geovany Soto to get called up, instead of taking the field tonight against Tacoma. 

See you later Z.  Don't let Jay Mariotti kick your ass on the way out of town.  Z doesn't have what it takes to be the #1 guy, especially on that staff.  He works better when everyone is licking Wood and Prior's asses and Carlos is regulated to cleaning up the mess made after those two blow their arms out. 

FishHack, as long as those two don't ride the bus with the kids from Des Moines, I would rather see them in Peoria (IL) with Ryno managing them.  That would be interesting to see. 

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I don't care how much money a good bullpen costs, or how much you have to pay people to draft and develop a great bullpen. You have to do it to win.

I admit, this team has some holes, and that lineup should score A LOT more runs. But that bullpen is fucking pathetic.

And is no one going to ask Piniella why he kept Ohman — a lefty — in against three consecutive right-handed hitters in the 8th, when Ohman was just his second pitcher of the day? Lilly and Hill have to be so pissed at the number of wins they have compared to the number they deserve. Those guys are pitching their asses off for nothing.

7. Sharky22

Sharky22 Member

Harry Doyle: My God! Good news fans, the Cubs are showing signs of life for the first time in weeks. As a matter of fact they appear to be beating the crap out of each other. It looks like Michael Barrett is trying to hit Carlos Zambrano, and why not, everyone else in the league is. Barrett swings and misses. I don't know Monte it looks like Zambrano is carrying his left a little low. This could hurt him in the later rounds.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Well, Lou snapped today. Anyone catch it?

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Don't forget that other gas can Lou put in there after Ohman today. Between Eyre, Ohman, and that other asshole, I'm surprised that the starting rotation hasn't shot them in the back of the head, took a boat to the middle of Lake Michigan and fucking dump them.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I saw some of it but I was in a bar playing in a poker tournament. From what I saw he went bat-shit over a call that looked like it was right.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Rich Hill made a pretty bad error today. I guess that's Ohman's fault, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted