1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yunel Escobar -- What did his eyeblack say?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, Sep 18, 2012.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You remember incorrectly

2. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

But it's okay, because Escobar said he has friends who are gay.

3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

As a Braves fan, I couldn't be happier to have shipped him away and now gave the multitalented (albeit injury-prone) Andrelton Simmons at short.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Let's go to the tape :)

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

More shitstorm in Bluejayland.

Gregg Zaun, former Jay catcher and the TV analyst for Jays games on Sportsnet rips the entire organization.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/zaun-rips-blue-jays-from-top-to-bottom/article4553442/

Zaun then proposed, “If I were the manager of this team - not that I’m politicking for the job, I don’t want it - but I’d demand that they act like grown men, play the game like a professional. I wouldn’t ask major-league performances from the guys in that clubhouse, because that’s too much. But I’d ask for professional-calibre performance.”]Zaun then proposed, “If I were the manager of this team - not that I’m politicking for the job, I don’t want it - but I’d demand that they act like grown men, play the game like a professional. I wouldn’t ask major-league performances from the guys in that clubhouse, because that’s too much. But I’d ask for professional-calibre performance.”

Irony of course is that both Sportsnet and the Jays are owned by Rogers Media.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You've probably already doctored them :)

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I referenced that earlier in this thread, I was listening to that and he just tore them a new one. He hasn't been shy about his opinions in the two years they have had hm on and more often than not he has been spot on.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Sorry, missed your post .

Zaun is the best Jays colour guy since Tony Kubek going way, way back.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Very interesting that Rogers employee Zaun ripped the Rogers-owned team on the Rogers-owned radio station.

He also had this to say about Anthopoulous:

"He’s not a baseball guy. He’s a sabermatrician. He’s a bean counter. He is the new era– this is a guy who was never a baseball player, he was never a coach, but now he’s making baseball decisions.”

Pretty heavy stuff, I don't know if that's all that fair.

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Interesting that JR brought up Kubek. His honesty was great when he was in the Yankees booth. He would criticize Steinbrenner, which is why he probably didn't last and George's fluffer, Suzyn, has enjoyed such a long tenure.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

JR is spot on with Kubek, a great asset to those early Jays' telecasts.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The Schulman Martinez years I thought were very good. Buck should not be doing PBP

Draft saved Draft deleted