1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yuengling FINALLY coming to Ohio!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spikechiquet, Jun 21, 2011.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Wonder what kind of time I could make from here to Texarkana?

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

For the record, I would definitely drink beer straight from god's balls.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

What?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The Black and Tan is real tasty, and the porter has more of a rich ambience than a taste. The "Lager" is overrated, in my book.

5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

In addition to this, New Belgium will be distributing Fat Tire, et al through Virginia, D.C. and Maryland -- unless you live in MontCo.

http://www.northernvirginiamag.com/gut-check/2011/06/16/new-belgium-brewery-strikes-deal-with-local-distributors/

Yuengling has claimed New England is a capacity issue. It was sold in Massachusetts until the '90s, then they pulled back a bit. They can distribute in the south thanks to buying the plant in Tampa (I'm still convinced the Tampa-made Yuengling is not as good as that from Pottsville).

6. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

We haven't had awards here in a while, but that may have been the funniest thing posted on SJ in my seven years here.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. btm

btm Member

It's funny you mentioned Fat Tire. Its name is spoken with reverence here and I finally had one about a month or two ago. Wasn't bad, but the hype was not justified.

I'm sorry you drove all the way to Ohio for Coors Light.

On top of what wicked said, I'm convinced that it does matter where your beer is brewed. Anheuser Busch products do taste differently, depending on where they are brewed. If I see an "N" on their cases, meaning it was brewed in Newark, I won't buy it. For obvious reasons with my chosen profession, I cannot afford all the micros on a regular basis (shocking I know) and a macro has to do most of the time.

At least I wasn't suckered into thinking Corona and Heineken are good products.

8. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

It's the Krispy Kreme of beers. When KK opened their first store here, they needed PD traffic control to handle the crush. For a fucking donut. Now? Step right up.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Your point is noted, but Yuengling is a better beer than Krispy Kreme is a donut. Of course that could just be the nostalgia kicking in.

10. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

The Sonic that just opened up in Connecticut not only has a guy directing traffic, but had the best sales of any store in the entire chain. For freakin' fast food.

Oh, and I plan to pick up a couple of cases of Yuengling when I am in Virginia.

11. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Sheep, I tell you.

Thing is, with Yuengling, I don't mind it at all and NEVER drink it. It's so ubiquitous around here (upstate NY) that there's no special attraction.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Goddammit, they finally got a Sonic? Fuck me running.

And wick, disagree. I love Yuengling as much as anyone (Hustle excepted), but Krispy Kremes are food of the gods.

Draft saved Draft deleted