1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You've got dysentery!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Mar 12, 2009.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I've been playing a bunch of my old games on that virtualapple.org site for three days straight now. Holy crap. Choplifter, Super Sunday, MicroLeague Baseball, Summer Games I/II -- I had all of those. Very, very cool.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I only remember Number Munchers. My mom was a kindergarten teacher, so we only had the games the school would buy.

3. Petrie

Petrie Guest

I got somewhere near 40 the other night. Same thing...damn Troggles. On an unrelated note, I'm pretty sure a T-shirt with a Muncher and regular Troggle on it would be my dream purchase...either that or a Ronny Turiaf/Golden State jersey [/gonzagaalumfanboylooser]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

My aunt was a second-grade teacher, so we gave her our ancient Mac to use in our classroom, with the Oregon Trail, Word Munchers and Number Munchers.

In middle school, I went to her school to help her with end-of-day stuff, grading papers and cleaning up. When everything was done, I'd totally play on the old computer. It made it 20 years before it melted down.

5. Petrie

Petrie Guest

My stepdad wasn't an elementary teacher, but for some reason he had an Apple IIe. I played on that thing non-stop after my mom married him, and even though there was no Oregon Trail or Number Munchers, the games he had were pretty sweet. I was money on Carmen Sandiego and some golf game, and I actually bought a new Civil War strategy type game for it...in 1996.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I used to watch "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?" after school. I forgot about the game. I played it during third grade in the computer lab. Man, I hated that place. While it was my window to Number Munchers and Oregon Trail, it revealed a great flaw -- I can't type without looking at the keys. I spent 50 minutes every other day trying my hardest, but it wasn't happening.

"Keep your fingers on the home keys, Mike," the teacher -- excuse me, monitor -- said.

"But I can't do it. I'm trying. My fingers won't reach the outside keys," I said.

To this day, I still don't use the home keys, and I blame that place. If it wasn't for the constant nagging and the cardboard box she put over my hands, perhaps I could type like a normal kid.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I never played Oregon Trail until two nights ago. Knew all about it, but just never had a chance to play it as a kid (and didn't download the app on Facebook.)

Weird.

8. Petrie

Petrie Guest

The TV show ruled. And don't feel bad...I'm pretty sure few third-graders could keep their fingers on the home row *and* type without looking at the keyboard. By fourth grade, though, I was set. :D

9. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I used to watch Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego and then Saved By the Bell every day after school.

I owned Where in the USA and Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego and caught her about four times on both. I had no life.

Also, for those who know what VirtualNES is, they have Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego on there. THAT is fun, if not at all easy for those who didn't minor in history in college to do. The sad thing is...I've caught onto historical inaccuracies in that game.

[/being a nerd....oh wait, I can't]

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

They should bring back Tiny Toons.

11. Petrie

Petrie Guest

I *so* would've had the absolute biggest crush on you in elementary school... :D

Buster Bunny kicked ass.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Montana Max was a jerk.

Draft saved Draft deleted