1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

YouTube problem

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Jan 17, 2012.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm trying to watch things on YouTube ... and everything is muted. I try to click on the mute speaker, but nothing happens. The "X" remains.

I'm having no problem with any other sound. I'm running Firefox.

Any ideas?

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It's sucked for days. Lagging, sound down, etc. Out of our control.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

YouTube is going to be wacky until March as they quietly roll out an entirely new interface. The good news: it is much better than the Google+ changes that Google already made. YouTube is still king for them.

4. jr/shotglass

It's really pissing me off today, because Grantland has a collection of the worst musical performances in TV history.

I am SO glad the sound came back. Do yourselves a favor and go to the interview/performance of Billy Bob Thornton and his band. Oh, my. It rivals Crispin Glover on Letterman in terms of delicious uncomfortability.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Thank you for that, shottie. I'd somehow blocked out that Spears performance. It's oddly not as bad as I remember, which is saying something.

6. jr/shotglass

I am SO glad the sound came back. Do yourselves a favor and go to the interview/performance of Billy Bob Thornton and his band. Oh, my. It rivals Crispin Glover on Letterman in terms of delicious uncomfortability.

Draft saved Draft deleted