1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Youth baseball parents put on notice

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jun 8, 2013.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A conversation starter from a source other than the Times:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Awesome.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Print's too small.

4. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I just clicked my cursor over the photo and it zoomed in for me. Well worth reading.

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

As a damn baseball parent, I find this outstanding. Good on ya, Buffalo Grove.

I do credit the high school coach of the district we live in with putting out a 55-page "handbook" on player and parent behavior expectations. 55 pages.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Meh -- it shouldn't take 55 pages to explain how to behave. It probably shouldn't even take 55 words.

Because remember, those most in need of behavior advice are not very likely to be willing, or for that matter able, to read 55 pages.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

A former boss said he appreciated all the nonsense he had heard/seen from parents over the years because it served as a reminder of how NOT to act when his kids were old enough to play.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

One of the all-time greatest quotes in any paper where I worked. HS softball playoffs, elimination game, 17th inning, star pitcher hanging on. During a break, coach and HER DAD come out to the circle. Dad is concerned about her arm.

Quote of the year: "I told him to go have a seat behind the dugout and shut up."

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

As well-intentioned as the sign is, it's unfortunate it had to be put up in the first place.

10. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Meh. This sign is GARBAGE! No punk is going to tell me how or how not I'm going to root for my kid!

(...I actually don't have a kid but - as creepy as it is - I'm going to start following some random 9-year-old around and cheer like a maniac whenever he comes within fifty yards of an organized sports contest. So there!)

11. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

The coordinators of Nike Team Camps and (name your specialty national championship tournament) organizing chiefs think this is all well-meaning bullshit. There's scouts at 12-14 year-olds games as we speak.
    And parents will say it might not impact their careers one day, but it impacts mine now.
    Plenty of these dweebs saying this under their breath.

12. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Have you really never seen a sign like this before?

Draft saved Draft deleted