1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yourhighness ... no, seriously, that's the kids name

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Wonderful Monds (not sure if that was I or II) played for the Toronto Argonauts back in the 1970s.

2. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Yeah, I've only heard THAT one a million times. I'm calling BS. I'll bet you knew someone named Mary Christmas too.

And I'm guessing if the kid has that screwed up of a name, daddy is not in the picture folks.

In my high school, there were two half-brothers. Both named, get this Bill Messmer Jr., with same middle names. Dad was a complete flake. Very funny stuff.

3. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Indeed ... and being out west, I see lots of native names that don't give me pause. But that one's special. BTW, does the kid have potential or is he on the court soley because he's 7-1?

4. hoopswriter

hoopswriter Member

There's a high school girl in our coverage area now that has the last name Dyke. I bet she never gets any crap about that one.

5. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Not sure how to spell it, but I read where Yourhighness' teammates call him "Hiney."

6. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Don't forget my favorite womens basketball player...Ivana Mandic...looking at her pic I am guessing she does. You know...want a man dic.

http://www.jockweb.com/kidskorner/index.html

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Wasn't. His. Real. Name.

(Real name was Lloyd).

8. This thread is a wondeful throwback to my days covering college hoops in the 1980. I interviewed Anicet Lavodrama. He said there were lots of Lavodramas in his town in Africa.

9. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

Went to college with an April May.

I nominate God Shamgod and Pops Mensah-Bonsu in the college basketball category.

10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Went to high school with a "Dick" family. They, of course, hated it. Every time they'd send in for a rebate, it got thrown, assumed to be a prank. The guy, my age, heard about ever lame joke ever. His little sister was Allie or something, so at track meets, they'd announce "Second in the long jump, A. Dick"

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Hmmmm....Well, Lloyd B. Free is good too.

12. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I know a guy whose last name was Dick. In high school, guys on the football team had their last names on the backs of their jerseys...except him. His first name was on his jersey.

When he got married, he changed his name to Dickson; didn't want his kids going through what he did.

Draft saved Draft deleted