1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You're With Me, Leather. . . The Sequel

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Just_An_SID, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I hunted through the archives for the original "You're With Me, Leather" thread where the kid tells the story of punking our favorite ESPN announcer at the NFL Draft, but I couldn't find it to add this story.

I am watching Las Vegas (the show, not the town) on Friday and Vanessa Marcil's character (Sam) is running around the country with a mob leg-breaker, trying to get money from people who skipped out on notes held by the hotel she works for.

She heads to the bar where a guy buys her a drink, to which she responds (something like): "You think I'm sitting here waiting for you to buy me a drink? You think I need you to buy me a drink? That I want to talk to you or have sex with you?"

The guy is stunned, at which time the leg-breaker appears and says to Sam (who is dressed like the original girl in the story), "You're with me, leather."

Classic. I howled for about five minutes.

2. Sly

Sly Active Member

I think I might be the only one in cyberspace who finds "leather" to be totally unfunny. There's no way Chris Berman pulls good-looking tail. Just no way.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If Henry Kissinger can get primo tail, so can Ethel Berman.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I've got a feeling of leather! [/Mer, err, Berman]

5. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I'm sure we've all seen these for sale?

http://shop.gawker.com/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?preadd=action&key=DST01

6. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Yeah, there is.

There's a lot of good-looking ass that will fall all over itself to bag a guy with money, no matter how big an asshat he is.

Draft saved Draft deleted