1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You're in charge

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by silentbob, Oct 19, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My first stop's dress code was a button-up shirt or polo -- jeans were kosher. My second didn't have one, and my third is shirt and tie for guys; business casual for gals.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

You're the one who removed the Ovechkin goal from your avatar. :p

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I've noticed it's usually the women who complain about other females' revealing clothing. FWIW.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

We have one of those too. Can't wear shorts in the office, so if us sports guys are having to cover something outside when it's 95-plus, we have to run home and change or bring something with us and change away from the office.

My big thing with that is if we're not going to be seen by the public if we stay at the office that day, what the fuck does it matter if we're wearing shorts or not?

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

Sorry, people. I believe this guy's in charge. And he likes suspenders.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Where do you work, Southwest Airlines?

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Be lucky I'm not an asshole who believes everyone should wear a shirt and tie every day to work or that women should wear high heels.

My caveat on the dress code issue is that if you're going to cover an event or do an in person interview with a source, I expect you to dress at least business casual. If I've got an important person coming to the office, I'll require you to dress at least business casual.

8. If I am promoted to SE, I know it's time to get out because the ME has lost his mind. I have my opinions on matters. I know my strengths and weaknesses as a journalist, so I'm nowhere near ready to run my own department.

Draft saved Draft deleted