1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

you're costing my baby a scholarship ... I'll see you in court!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jps, Mar 12, 2009.

1. micke77

micke77 Member

Rusty Shackleford...hell yes, she would probably try and sue because she would someway determine that the benching was done by the coach as a means to get around this crap. she would, in some manner, find "just cause" to file a lawsuit.
    one thing i've learned to expect in the sometimes youth sports world gone wild is this: expect ANYTHING.
    and as someone else said, hell, don't give anybody any ideas.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

What I would have liked the judge to have done is say, "it's the school's team, they can decide who can play on it. And if your kid wants to go to college so bad, he should study more instead of playing basketball."

3. jps

jps Active Member

thing is, it seems pretty clear to me. that background story had some good stuff. I'm gonna assume that the trash is taken out by the janitorial crew at the end of each day. so if this kid is the only one in the room other than the teacher -- who let the kid take the test before school a day late already, anyway -- and a cheat sheet is found in the trash ...

you'd think mom would be thankful to teacher for delaying the test and coming in early for her son and then holding him to his mistakes when caught cheating. course, kid says that mom is more interested in 'having her son clear his good name' than in him, you know, actually trying to clear his good name by retaking the test. maybe she knows he can't pass it? just maybe?

Draft saved Draft deleted