1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your unpopular opinions and creepy admissions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Dec 8, 2016.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If you are in a setting where casual clothing (i.e. a T-shirt) is otherwise acceptable, wear a jersey if you want. Junior high is over and the list of people I need to impress can fit on a folded napkin with room to spare in the margins.

Batman likes this.
  2. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

When I want to feel masculine, I don't wear a jersey, I wear an angus.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

New-style football jerseys with the sleeves cut up high look fruity anyway. Even when players are wearing them on the field.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I bought one football jersey to wear when I play football. It's a Deion Sanders Cowboys jersey right after he left Dallas in the clearance bin. Can't remember the last time I wore it, but holding on just in case...

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Adam Sandler and Will Ferrell are not funny. Sandler especially so. Can't hold a candle to the original SNL cast, plus Eddie Murphy,
    Whitney Houston in her prime was still vastly overrated. Etta James 10 times better.
    Springsteen maybe the most overrated musician ever. Very good. But hardly on the pedestal he occupies.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Which of those opinions is the unpopular one?

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

The original SNL cast gets a lot of historical leeway because ... they were the original SNL cast. They put their share of stinkers up there, too.

8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

On icy days, I park my car on the street on hills -- in case anyone slides into it as I have gap coverage and want a new ride.

Ace, swingline, Hermes and 3 others like this.
  9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Maybe if you turn the wheels toward the street and "forget" to use the emergency brake you will increase your chances?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    Jake_Taylor likes this.
  10. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

For me, I go no name because you never know when that might backfire on you. For example, my Dad once owned a Darren Sharper Packers jersey.

11. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I have jerseys and sweaters and will occasionally wear one if I'm performing. The thing is, a Lubbock Cotton Kings sweater with it's big, fierce boll o'cotton is campy as hell and I can't help but laugh when I look at it. Same goes for my GIR sweater with Irkin sigils.

Having written that, it might be hypocritical to say that I look at grown-ass men dressed up as P. K. Subban and Pekka Rinne and wonder why they don't go as themselves to games. The exception to this would be deliberate sweater fails. "SoGood" on a Red Wings Sweater, "Da Hahkss" on the back of someone rooting for CHI, "Irish&Loud" at a St. Paddy's Day BOS game? If I wasn't concerned about being misunderstood, I would have bought those people and their dates beers just for making me laugh.

Not that anybody asked, but I miss the deliberate misspellings on Starbucks cups.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Guy in the section of Bryant-Denny I most often wind up in used to wear a customized Bama jersey with "Bitch and Moan" for the name.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted