1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your typical typos

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Jun 11, 2015.

1. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I can't tell you how many running backs I've written about that have rushed for 100 years instead of yards.

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Brain sted Brian. Did that one about 10 minutes ago.
    And my worst is Atlanta Barves. Do that ALL the time. Maybe because I'm a Mets fan. :)

Vombatus likes this.
  3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I always add a g to the end of cousin.

Except for this time.

4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

My brother-in law-isn't named Christ, but I add a "t"

"fort he" sted "for the" and "type" when I'm trying to write "typo."

And although I spell "transnational" correctly every time, it always looks like there's a typo. That's a weird word. (And yeah, in my job I use it frequently.)

Go Barves!

TyWebb and Vombatus like this.
  5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Indeed. And glad you cleared that first point up, because I'm almost positive I have NEVER used that word.

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Wasn't even thinking about the phone when I started this. The m being right next to delete on the screen causes me all manner of grief.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Philadlephia Philadlephia Philadelphia

jpetrie18 likes this.
  8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Add me to the list of those who often type "teh."

I used to get type "lead" when I meant to type "led." Not for long, but it drove me nuts until I got that out of my system.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

You see it all the time in print and online: "that" when the writer intended to type "than."

Don't recall seeing it the other way around, though.

10. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

I have trouble with "fir" instead of "for." And "commercial" is a real problem for some reason -- I always type it in "commerical."

There was one memorable mistake I almost made when I was a young reporter more than 30 years ago. One of our local high schools was playing a state sectional basketball game against Illinois School for the Deaf (which had a pretty good team back then). Unfortunately, I mixed up the f and the d and typed in "Illinois School for the Dead." My boss, who was not the world's greatest copy editor, surprisingly made the catch. I'll always owe him one for that.

Vombatus likes this.
  11. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Tuesdasy.

I don't know what happened, but about four, five years ago I started typing Tuesdasy instead of Tuesday and my fingers and brain keep doing it.

12. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I can't spell "conscious" on the first try to save my life.

Draft saved Draft deleted