1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your top esoteric achievements.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, May 24, 2009.

1. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Does he rap?

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Hey, not every little boy gets to accomplish his dream. How many would-be astronauts, pro athletes or presidents do we have on this board? At least I did mine. :)

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Taken home two first-place trophies from powerlifting meets.
    Was the man of the match in my final college rugby game.
    Was on the slowest 4x100 relay team in my school's history.
    Went to a World Series game when I was a kid.

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Hmm..

I beat Tyson by decision my freshman year of college. Got a standing 'O' from three guys into a room.

I beat my damn freshman roommate once on the original WWE(F) game as Default in a drunken stupor. That dude has a .998 winning percentage against me in all games played... but for one night, Default -- who was a 175 pound dude in black underwear, nothing else -- was victorious.

We won the res-hall 'B' league intramural flag football title, erasing a 20-0 deficit to do it.

I once walked partway into a first-round NCAA tournament game next to Steve Wojoiehowski-alphabet.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I got deported from Canada.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

That. Is. Awesome.

7. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

Me too.

I also won my elementary school's geography bee.

8. Bubbler

When they took you away to question you, did they think you were a drug mule?

9. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I scored in the 99th percentile on two sections of the ASVAB - simple math and code memorization, if I remember correctly.
    Because of that, the National Guard (really, all the services — but I only talked to the Guard) wanted me bad. The parents pushed me to sign up, insisting that I'd only miss the first semester of school and I'd come back with college paid for. I said no. That was in March of 2001.
    I won a 1956 Topps Warren Spahn as a card show door prize when I was 12.
    I have successfully taught both of my stepsons how to not throw like girls.

10. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

No.

Most of their questions were about your ID.

11. Bubbler

IT WAS A LEGITIMATE BLOCKBUSTER MEMBERSHIP CARD! THERE'S NO REASON IT SHOULDN'T HAVE ADMITTED ME INTO A FOREIGN NATION!

12. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Maybe they looked at your rental history, you should have checked out "Strange Brew" and "Porky's" more often.

Draft saved Draft deleted