1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Super Bowl memories

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

I just remembered a really good one.

My senior year of high school, we were over at my friend Mike's house watching XXXI (Green Bay-New England). My friend Derek was a huge Packers fan. He lived up the street from Mike and his mom and brother were out of town. Derek's dad work an overnight shift and called down to Mike's to get Derek to come home. For some reason he didn't feel comfortable without anyone in the house.

Well Mike answers the phone:

"Hello"
    "Hi Mike, Derek there?"
    "Yeah one, one second Mr. Smith. Derek, your dad's on the phone."
    "Yeah right."
    "No seriously"
    "Whatever, fuck you."

So Mike leaves the phone on the table for five minutes and you could hear Derek's dad on there."

"Mike? Hello? Mike."

For whatever reason, Derek didn't believe it was his dad.

Well about 15 minutes later (and with five minutes left in the game) there's a knock on the door. Mike opens it and it's Derek's dad.

His face is red and he says "Derek, get your ass over here we're going home."

Derek says "Uh, that's ok dad, I can walk"

"Get the fuck over here now!"

"Uh bye guys."

Derek pulls on his Packers starter jacket and walks to the door. His dad grabs him by the collar and leads him to the car.

Derek then said his dad started screamming, "I don't care if the fucking God damn Packers are playing in the fucking god damn back yard, you fucking god damn come home when I fucking god damn say so."

The best part too is Derek probably has three inches and 100 pounds on his dad.

2. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

My first football memory: Dad keeps talking about this Montana guy. I decide to root against his team. I take the Cowboys. This guy caught a pass to win the game. Perhaps you heard about it. Of course, that wasn't the big game, but it was close.

One Super Bowl, a friend threw a party. This was during my transition from loser party guy to loser whatever I am now. So, my wife was there. At the time, we were engaged. My friend explains that everyone is popping tabs. My girl doesn't seem to notice any odd behavior, so I join in the fun without telling her. She still doesn't know, but she might if she reads this post.

The worst Super Bowl was when my Titans lost by one yard on the last play of the game. I know it's tough to put yourself in those shoes, but please consider how you would react. I was on my knees. I lurched forward when he caught the pass and then collapsed on the floor without moving for several minutes. One yard, man. One yard. There's never been a better Super Bowl, and there never will be.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Jerry Rice catching a touchdown pass right down the middle for umpteen yards in that blowout of the Chargers.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Turning to the hosts of yesterday's SB party and thanking them for the invite immediately after Kelvin Hayden crossed the goal line, leaving their house, driving home, leaving my phone in the car, opening a book and reading for 45 minutes until I fell asleep. Wonderful.

Draft saved Draft deleted