1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your strangest relative...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Seriously. I thought we were past the point where homosexuality was considered strange.

2. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

I was suggesting that he's gay, not that he's strange. I have no idea whether his family would still think he was strange if he is gay.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I was agreeing.

4. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I don't know him but I suppose it's mom's cousin. In the '50s, when he was 15, he shot his dad (grandma's brother), mom and grandmother to death with the family shotgun because his dad didn't let him take the car to the wrestling match that night. He fled the state and was eventually captured a few days later. Was released in his early 20s and has since led a normal life, wife, kids, etc. Grandma was the first family member to visit him in jail after he was captured and he was invited to family reunions. But he never came.

There's a pedophile priest cousin but he's evil, not strange.

Plenty of other strange folks, uncles, cousins, in-laws. But the murderer's probably the victor.

5. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

My sister-in-law. Hands down.

One of the strangest people I know, involved in one of the strangest situations I have ever witnessed.

Never had a job. Had a sugar daddy (pushing 70 now) keeping her up (paying for everything, and I mean EVERYTHING) since she was about 15 years old. (she's about to turn 34). And the sugar daddy is her deceased father's best friend.

He bought her a new house ($250K), a new Toyota Land Cruiser ($40K) and has paid every single bill that she has ever had.
    Anytime she needed money, she would call him and he would bring whatever she needed over. Phone bills, gas, groceries, insurance--you name it.
    A couple of years ago, he stopped by our house to deliver an envelope that had $3K in cash for her as we were about to head to the beach for one week. ONE Week!!!!

But, she started shacking up with an illegal immigrant contract worker that her sugar daddy introduced her to, and later had his child, who is now seven months old. Sugar Daddy has since cut her off, and she is now understanding how tough it is to live out there without spending other people's money while she has no interest in getting a job (which she has never had in the first place) and her boyfriend scurries to find work to support them, and the three kids he has with his ex-wife (who he left for my sister-in-law, who also broke up her sugar daddy's marriage of 35-plus years)

I have no use for her, and I limit the time my children are around her because of her sense of entitlement. Drives me fucking insane.

And yes, I have started writing the novel. A whole bunch of crazy in my family and with my in-laws.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/49627/

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That's the funny part... I would not be surprised at all if he's gay. I would be surprised if he's ever acted on it. I think he's in denial. Nobody else knows what to make of him.

He's super, super conservative, as is his family. He can quote Hannity's talking points on any day and if you mention an actor or singer who may or may not be gay, it's often met with a response like, "He's a fucking faggot..." which causes everyone to roll their eyes. The family is conservative, but there are other family members who are gay and everybody is accepting of them, in fact the only one who might not be, would be the brother-in-law in question...

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

So then he's not strange. He's a gay Republican. :D

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

My cousin Michael is gay with a long time partner, who is black, and they live in California. He is also a Republican.

So if you are looking for the subgroup of Republican, gay, yinzer in a multi-racial relationship, he's your man.

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Among my family and Mrs. Novelist's family, I'm probably the strangest of the lot. I was third, but two psycho bitch from hell sister-in-laws divorced out.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

End of thread.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I'm completely normal.

Draft saved Draft deleted