1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your perfect woman (or man)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

No. No thank you. You're not even close to being my type. Seriously. Not. Even. Close.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Actually, that fuse has been burning for a long time.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

I'm not lacking in anything, Alley. I have a very full and complete life without a man in it. I am independent and self-sufficient. A partner is just that ... a partner. A complement to the other wonderful facets of my life.

4. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

But, but, but ... my joke. You killed him. He was so young. His face looked like the shaved ass of a dog, but he was so young.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Good to know we'll never be fighting for the same woman. That's actually one of my most important prerequisites. :D

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

My girlfriend ... if only she wasn't a UK fan. No one is perfect.

7. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I'm with Ned. The last thing I want is to be talking about sports with the girlfriend. As long as she can appreciate why people play them, I'm good.

8. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

I married her.
    Smart. Funny. Passionate. Compassionate. Affectionate. She's a woman with integrity and character who commands respect by the way she lives her life.
    She's an incredible mother who has the love, respect and devotion of her sons.
    She's an outstanding professional who is valued and respected in her field.
    And she's gorgeous, inside and out.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Let me clarify a bit....

I have a fantastic life. I have what I believe is the greatest son on the face of the planet, a job I absolutely love doing every day, a wonderful and supportive family all around me and my own home. While not financially set, I do OK.

What I want for, though, is someone with whom I can share those moments, like today, when I have a good day. Someone I can call and say, "You know what? I did damn good today teaching my first class."

So yeah, a partner really is what I want.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I should clarify -- no addictions to substances (booze, heroin, coke).

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

You rang?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

That does narrow the field quite a bit, although in your neck of the woods that may be an immediate disqualifier for about 99 percent of the men there. Am I right?

Draft saved Draft deleted