1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your perfect nightcap

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm pretty much the same way. I rarely drink at all, but if I'm in a good Irish pub that knows how to properly serve Guinness, then I'll have a pint every now and then.

Bailey's and hot chocolate is a favorite this time of year. A good Irish coffee is never a bad thing either...

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Ok, but if you're going to mix Canadian Rye Whiskey with 7-Up, why bother spending money on the expensive stuff? Find yourself some cheap-ass shit like Black Velvet.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

CN Tower?

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Bailey's and coffee is an awesome beverage for cold outdoor events.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

If we go by JR's definition of nightcap, which sounds about right, then anything will do. After a dozen or so Miller Lites, I'll drink damn near anything. No Irish Car Bombs, though.

However, the day I use the word nightcap in public will be the day I kill myself. I mean, seriously, do people actually say that anymore? :)

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

All the fucking time when you're old like me and JR!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. mjp1542

mjp1542 Member

Well put. Crown and 7 is delicious, I'm sure. But so is Crown on the rocks! The expensive stuff is meant to be tasted, not mixed.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Mine's TMI.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

A huge bounty to anyone who can ship me some Alexander Keiths, but not the IPA. I can get Molson and Labatt's and all that crap, but no Alex. Crap.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Which Keth's brand are you talking about? The popular one is the IPA.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Ah, no fan of that stuff. But there is loads of it in the beer store up the street from the office. Dunno how well it would ship.

Draft saved Draft deleted