1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your new shooting coach: A 12-year-old!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by forever_town, Jan 5, 2009.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

It's not humiliating. It's what my granddad would call chickenshit and is showing up your players. Good way to lose respect, if you ask me. Which no one did.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Probably not outof character for Knight Lite

5. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

No one likes Pat Knight. His dad was a hell of a coach and a jerk. Pat's just a jerk.

6. I Digress

I Digress Guest

The antics of a man who has no idea how to actually coach the young adults he is charged with coaching.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Are you more fundamentally sound than a fifth-grader?

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It's a stat that is never used, but the team that makes the most layups will win the game.

Although the way he did it was wrong. I would have just benched the starters for a few minutes or until they proved they could make a layup.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I hope the delicate flowers on the Texas Tech basketball team aren't scarred for life after such a humiliating experience.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

I just shake my head at the fact that there are guys with basketball scholarships at major colleges and universities who apparently need tutorials on how to make lay-ups or sink free throws.

Meanwhile, there are athletes who have solid fundamentals (and probably good grades as well) who aren't "flashy" enough to have "earned" the free ride.

But look at THAT guy - wow, can he ever DUNK! Sign him UP!! Give him whatever he wants!!!

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Exactly. All of this could've been avoided if the team had hit its lay-ups.

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Could we get a 5-year-old to come help the Thunder?

Draft saved Draft deleted