1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your most hated bands/groups

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Apr 1, 2017.

1. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I will apologize to nobody for being a Parrothead, liking Rush or believing Springsteen is highly overrated.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I "claim" only that 75 percent of the stuff he released after Nebraska sucks.

Fred siegle likes this.
  3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I think that's a big part of the dislike for any band, though. Obviously, almost anyone who has the sort of success that Springsteen has had has a great deal of musical talent. I'm not going to pay $250 for tickets to one of his shows, but I wouldn't mind going to one to see a legend. I don't actively dislike him, but I'm not a fan either.
    The near-religious fervor that his fans have, however, is way over the top. If I say to a Springsteen fan, "Meh, he's OK," it's like walking into a church and taking a whiz on the altar.
    When you reach that level of fandom you essentially become a 14-year-old girl screaming in delight at a Bieber concert. It's creepy and weird, and it also feeds into the performer's image whether it be Bieber, Springsteen, Beyonce or anyone else.

fossywriter8 likes this.
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I will listen to anything if I like it. Doesn't matter the genre. But I'm indifferent to certain musicians/acts. I don't think Springsteen is bad; I just get nothing out of listening to his stuff.

Iron_chet and HC like this.
  5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Agree completely. I used to say Bruce was only OK, even though I thought he was very good, because lot of my buddies growing up were like you describe. Saw him once about 15 years ago, was $50 or 60 for upper tier at Giants Stadium and was a very good concert. Yes, $250 is insane. The Who is probably my favorite band and I got to see them twice, once in 89 which was the 1st farewell tour IIRC, and again a few years later when they did the Quadrophenia Tour. The only way I'd pay more than $150 is if they toured this summer with Keith Moon and John Entwistle.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Oh, thank you for reminding me. The Grateful Dead and Phish. Trey Anastasio opened when I saw The Stones. He played for about 45 minutes, but it was easily the longest three hours of my life.

Donny in his element and QYFW like this.
  7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

45 minutes? He only played one song?

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'd rather listen to Isbell.

QYFW likes this.
  9. canucklehead

canucklehead Active Member

When my wife hears Starship's We Built This City she becomes enraged.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Nope. I saw them on the 1982 "It's Hard" farewell tour.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ringo Starr's "Photograph" kicks it off the face of the earth.

12. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

What about the Nickelback version?

Draft saved Draft deleted