1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your memories of Yankee Stadium

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by buckweaver, Sep 20, 2008.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Simply incredible, Pete. Thanks. Goddamn, y'all always amaze me on this site. Never fails.

2. occasionally

occasionally Member

Two trips -- once to the old stadium in 1973 for a Wednesday matinee with the California Angels. Upper tank, above third base. Actually remember more of a couple of nights later, when I saw the Reds and Mets at Shea, because Willie Mays hit what would be his last career home run in that game.

Then -- Game 1 of the Subway Series in 2000. Lower level, not far from the right field foul pole. Amazing game, of course, that didn't end until the wee hours (then again, don't all WS games go past midnight ET these days?). But my lasting memory had nothing to do with the game ... the late Johnnie Cochran was sitting about five rows in front of our group. Someone spotted him and, much like the bleacher group would do a couple of sections over, started the rhythmic chant of his name until he acknowledged. Then after it stopped, someone in our group chimed in, in that same rhythm, "O.J.'s Guilty!"

3. Pete Wevurski

Pete Wevurski Member

Speaking of the finale last Sunday, my DVR was set to record the ESPN telecast because I was committed elsewhere and couldn't watch it. But, alas, the DVR did not do its thing. Anyone know if the WWL plans to play it on ESPN Classic anytime soon or to otherwise make DVDs of the show available for purchase? Anyone tape or record it with an ability to dupe it? Please PM me. Many thanx.

4. Pete Wevurski

Pete Wevurski Member

Trying again. See post immediately above. Many thanx!

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I recorded it. Might be able to burn it to a DVD. I can have a go at it this weekend and let you know.

Draft saved Draft deleted