1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your "I'm Old" Moment

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SoSueMe, May 28, 2007.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I'm only 24, but went home a couple of weeks ago and realized that kids from my church that I remember being born were now graduating high school. I felt really old; then, I told my mom how old I felt and she said "how do you think I feel?"

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I was 15 when the first of my good friends had a baby.

The baby now has a MySpace page. He's in high school.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Given my current situation, I end up biting my lip, too. Sometimes, one or both parents seem to have trouble dealing with the fact that I'm an adult.

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Hell, my parents gave me a stuffed animal for my birthday. And, if y'all haven't been able to tell, I'm not exactly a stuffed animal kind of person.

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Hey, I don't feel old. There's one MLB player who is older than I am (may Julio Franco play forever.)

Old is having coworkers who were born when or after you were in college.

Or the fact that I have a kid who starts high school next year. Yikes!

6. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I knew I was getting old when my son whipped my ass on SSX for Playstation. :mad:

But I can still beat the pants off him on any Tony Hawk game. :)

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I still get a TY beanie baby for every major holiday. We get them in our stockings, in our Easter baskets (that we STILL get...up until this year at least) and for other holidays. I actually don't mind them, but sometimes I think "God I'm a dork for still receiving these."

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Reading Posnanski the other day on how Bo Jackson was a rookie 20 years ago made me feel pretty damn old.

9. Painted the house today. Just typing this message is giving me pain I didn't know was possible.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Gee ... I couldn't tell.

:D

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Just a few of mine...

* Going to a sporting event and realizing everyone on the field/court/whatever is younger than me.

* When a major league ballplayer who I grew up and graduated with was referred to as an "aging veteran."

* When I discovered today that the coworker sitting next to me was born when I was in high school.

* The real killer was watching Marco Andretti race in the Infinity Pro series at the USGP two years ago. I used to watch his grandfather race, and even got granddad's autograph at the USGP in Long Beach in 1977, the year before he won it.

* On the musical side, I believe the Red Hot Chili Peppers become eligible for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next year. I saw them live in a nightclub about a week after their first album came out.

12. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

I recently went to a doctor who was younger than me. That seemed wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted