1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Growing Confidence Stories

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mayfly, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Well today I had a new spring of confidence that should continue to bolster my social and professional life. My roommates and I decided to go cliff diving today at a spot on one of the many lakes here. One of my roommates has been there before, but he was timid to jump off first. My other roommate went first with me close behind. It was a tremendous rush jumping off of a 30-foot cliff into water that you hope is deep enough, which it was. After going a few more times and getting some good video, we leave and go back to the house.

I decide to go on a run and I see this pretty little thing running by and I stop and stretch for a while, she comes back to the area. With my new found confidence from jumping from the cliffs (I am confident before hand, but the cliffs helped), I struck up a conversation with her and eventually got her number.

When I saw her, I was just like funk that noise, I have already done one crazy thing today so why not try something else. It worked and we'll see where it goes from there.

What have you all done that buoyed your confidence to a point of doing something else? Not in terms of talking to the opposite sex, but life in general.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Way to go Mayfly! At least one of us youngins ain't skeered to talk to the other sex.

:D

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Fucking a chick has always seemed to help. Gives you that glow that draws them in.

4. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

If that was directed towards me, I didn't do that.

I don't mean just in confidence towards women, but just life in general. I am asking if any of you have had experienced that boosted your confidence.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Uh huh . . .

Losing a now total of about 65 pounds over the last 2 1/2 years has done wonders for my confidence.

6. Clever username

I was answering the question. Not everything is directed specifically toward you.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Yeah, losing weight can be a major-league confidence booster. I remember when I was skinny and ... well, you get the picture.

8. KYSportsWriter

Meeting/dating my current girlfriend has done wonders for my confidence.

9. Clever username

Does it make you look around and think you could trade up every time you see a girl more attractive than your girlfriend?

10. KYSportsWriter

Nope. I'm very happy with who I'm with.

:D

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Coming up with an idea today in a managers' meeting, and having the publisher love it.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Damn dude, that was pretty nasty.

Draft saved Draft deleted