1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your first time

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mystery_Meat, Jul 14, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I don't know why I remember this, since I've been around since the beginning and this post is long, long gone, but I remember Andy Rooney did some bit at the end of 60 minutes ripping female sideline reporters, and I wrote something about how he was a tool, and how if he wanted to make a better point, he should have ripped all sideline reporters, male and female, and that it was hard to take someone seriously whose eyebrows were so big, they probably had their own make-up person.

My second post was something ripping Vince Carter. I've been trickling along ever since.

3. More like 8 minutes, but only because I'm a firm believer in foreplay.

4. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

I was 17 years old and it was in the back seat of my camaro, with my laptop and wireless internet connection.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I haven't the foggiest idea what my first post was. I know I posted a few times during the Sportspages days, quit for a few years, and came back in mid '04. All of my original posts were wiped out by the Great 21 Crash, several more (including some of the posts that some of you like) have been lost to crashes and time.

I know it took me several months to get my sea legs on here, so I'm sure I was pretty straight-laced.

I remember the first person who took a shot at me was Sauronseye which isn't saying a damn thing for those who were around back then. Oh how he is missed.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

My first post was about Rafael Palmiero, I think, and a HOF debate.

I lost about 1,000 posts in the Great Crash.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Was Sauronseye Dyepack or Columbo/Simon Cowbell? I can never keep it straight.

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

The former.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Um, I guess you meant DP?

10. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Yes.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Sauronseye was definitely DyePack. He also went by Press Box Bingo for a brief period.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

... she was a big girl. And she was good to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted