1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your first "favorite song"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by FileNotFound, Mar 13, 2017.

1. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

About a year ago, I learned missing persons included three former Zappa band members including bozzio, who was "Mary" on Joes garage.

QYFW likes this.
  2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

When I was like 7 or 8, I knew how to use a tape recorder, but I guess the idea of actually going to the store and buying music hadn't occurred to me yet. So I sat by the radio and waited for Wild Wild West by Escape Club to come on and I recorded it.

Then listened to it over and over again until my mom put a daily limit on it.

Donny in his element likes this.
  3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's still in my group of favorites. Would be seeded somewhere.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Thinking way back to my childhood, I think Rhinestone Cowboy must've been among my first favorite songs, way back in third or fourth grade... a good 5-6 years BDS (Before Discovering Springsteen)

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

6. albert777

albert777 Active Member

The first two 45s I remember owning were Paperback Writer/Rain by the Beatles and My Back Pages/Renaissance Fair by the Byrds.

Before that? Probably Chim-Chim Cherie from the Mary Poppins soundtrack or My Favorite Things from Sound of Music. Let me just say that I had a major 10-year-old crush on Julie Andrews.

I Should Coco likes this.
  7. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

I like this one, but it's never on these days:

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Capt. Von Trapp made the right choice!:)

9. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Born in '82, and I loved, loved, loved my cassette that included Robert Palmer's "Addicted to Love."

As a pre-schooler also lived for the videos for Dire Straits "Money for Nothin," Peter Gabriel's "Sledgehammer," and "Land of Confusion" by Gensesis.

And "Thriller," obvi.

FileNotFound and Jake_Taylor like this.
  10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I was mesmerized by the Money For Nothing video when I was little.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Needs an update for 2017

Donny in his element likes this.
  12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The first video I saw on MTV remains the one I love most (though a few other videos joined the pantheon). Also love the song.

Draft saved Draft deleted