1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your Death Row Meal

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Aug 8, 2006.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Got the idea from the In-and-Out thread, where Buck-Dub said he'd have a combo for his death row meal. Believe it or not, the state of Texas has a list of every last meal requested (or served) by a death row inmate who was then offed. I was editor of a daily in Huntsville, home of Texas executions, and one night following an injection (not of me, duh!), I was reading the list of last meal requests, as well as some of their last statements. Pretty interesting stuff.

My last meal? As odd as it sounds, I'd probably ask for Hamburger Helper, mac and cheese style, with some Doritos, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and a glass of milk.

QUICK QUIZ: Does anyone know the one dish that's most requested and most served to death row inmates for their final meal, at least in Texas?

2. boots

boots New Member

You will be shitting like a goose with that meal.

3. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

here's an odd question, but can you get drunk with your last meal. I mean, can you order a bottle of wine to go with your food?

4. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Jessica Simpson.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

In the state of Texas, you not only are forbidden from having alcohol, but you also cannot have cigarettes. In fact, the rule is usually pretty simple: What they have the ability to cook in the kitchen (with some other restrictions, of course).

6. I've had this conversation with my wife before---my last meal would be:

Steak and creamed spinach
    a couple dragon rolls
    a side of general tso's with pork fried rice

i'd top it all off with a hot chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream on top

7. boots

boots New Member

iS THAT ON THE MENU TONIGHT? ;D

8. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

that sounds like bullshit! they at least give you a cigarette in the movies. I don't even smoke, but I'd want one before I die just cause it seems appropriate. Fuck Texas! I'd want to be executed somewhere else.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

It gets even weirder. In most states that do executions, if you're having any health problems, they won't take your life until you get better. We had a death row inmate who had heart problems and they had to delay his execution for several months until he was better.

Go figure. ::)

10. boots

boots New Member

It's called showing compassion.

11. n8wilk

n8wilk Guest

Wings, Pizza and ranch. Nothing fancy. It could make for a messy execution though.

And I would guess that steak is the most requested last supper.

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

What do I want on my Tombstone? Pepperoni and mushroom.

Draft saved Draft deleted