1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

your college party might be out of hand if ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jps, Apr 27, 2009.

1. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Tell me about it.. down here in sunny Fla, OU is an unknown.. Them: "Were'd you go to school?" Me: "Ohio University." Them, "Oh, Ohio State?" Me, with daggers shooting out of my eye balls and clenched fists.. "No OHIO U-NI-VER-SI-TY."

We are Ohio.. you are State.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Couldn't get into Ohio State, huh?

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Larry Eustacy shows up

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

We're gonna be known now that we've had a second round draft pick :D

Yea, I got asked if I went to tOSU when wearing a green Ohio jacket once. No moran, do you see red, grey or State anywhere on my person? Grrrrrr!

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Hella lot harder to get into Ohio's journalism school than the one at tOSU. Plus, we had way better parties in Athens, which is why all the tOSU brats came down for Halloween.

6. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Solid.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Stop making fun of West Virginians and stereotyping them as mountain people you bigot!!!!!

8. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Can't spell journalism without s and m..er,,, OU....bite me!

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I have a Wooster Generals shirt in my closet.

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

My favourite is the party that one of JR's kids was set to attend. It was shut down before it started by the local RCMP.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Or it got an AP story cranked out by someone in the capital bureau who wasn't on the scene. In that case, the dateline is technically correct.

12. I Digress

I Digress Guest

True. But isn't Kent State such a big historical reference in this country that any moderately educated journalist should know that there is actually a Kent?

Draft saved Draft deleted