1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your CD collection

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Sep 17, 2010.

1. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Still listen to them in my car almost every day. In fact, I bought one last night. I haven't broken down and bought an iPod yet, though it'd probably be smarter to put all the music in one place. One of these days ...

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I ripped my CDs into mp3s and stuck the discs in storage when I left the mainland. It makes moving a hell of a lot easier. Nowadays I only buy CDs when there's no other option -- I'd rather pay for downloads.

If I could only find a way to similarly shed my DVD collection, I'd be golden.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I used to buy a couple CDs a week 10 years ago. Now I couldn't tell you the last time I bought one. I'd love to sell them, but I wonder if I could get anything significant for them.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Computer was on the fritz couple of weeks ago. So while cleaning the living room I treated myself to a little 1812 Overture . . . on vinyl LP.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

My car still has a CD player, so yes.

6. Colton

Colton Active Member

Hell, I have almost 1,000 45s and 700 LPs all in peach crates. Turntables, mixer, etc. still work, too. That having been said, I can't remember the last CD I bought that wasn't downloaded. CD player still in the vehicle. Thinking about breaking down and buying an Ipod adapter soon, though.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I think I've bought one CD in the last 10 years and that was because I had a coupon. Mostly because, I haven't given a damn about the music that has come out.

I still have my CDs, but I've been too lazy to download them. I really should get to that someday.

8. John

John Well-Known Member

All my music is on my laptop. I've still got about 20 CDs, mostly stuff by Athens bands that disappeared after a few years.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I still have my CDs and still buy them on occasion. I have ripped most, but not all, of them on to my iTunes.

But I'm old, so I don't trust iTunes. It's all well and good to have your music on your computer ... until it crashes.

Yes, yes, I know there's ways to shield yourself from that, but I don't have the time or inclination. The CDs are my insurance policy.

10. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

About 3 years ago I bought an 500G external drive and ripped all my CDs to it. I had 200-300 CDs and sold them on eBay. I kept roughly 20 CDs or so. I was really surprised how well the CDs sold and I made a good chunk of change to throw at bills, etc. Not once have I regretted selling my old discs.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Has anyone else sold them online? How much can you get for them? $1 apiece?

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Totally depends on how common the CD is and whether it's out of print. Something like Mariah Carey will fetch 10 cents on eBay, but I sold a "Difford & Tilbrook" CD for $50 when it was out of print.

Draft saved Draft deleted