1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your biggest moment in this profession...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SuperflySnuka, Aug 26, 2007.

1. EE94

EE94 Guest

Amen, brother. Amen. Feels fucking good, though, when you finally break the slump. Way more appreciative.

2. EE94

EE94 Guest

Not THE highlight, but my "Made it to the big league" moment.
    Very early in my career, sitting on a high jump mat and having a discussion - part interview, part not - with an Olympic athlete.
    A staunch non-drug athlete, he tells me, off the record, that he knows Ben Johnson is on steroids. He'd seen the evidence, and this was in the day when it was all around but people pretended it wasn't there.
    This, of course, was suspected and our paper was doing all it could to get the evidence to publish it, but I loved the feeling of "knowing" something, even though I couldn't print it at the time.
    I remember telling a pal shortly after I heard, who looked at me with newfound respect when Ben tested positive months later.

3. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Freelancing, way back, I wrote only two sports stories one year and they both landed on the notable list of BASW. Sort of a Paciorek.

YHS, etc

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yeah, snuka rules. congrats, dog.

5. Mira

Mira Member

When I was free lancing and hadn't landed a full-time sports writing gig yet, I received $2,500 for a magazine story. Perhaps that's small potatoes to some, but I thought it was sweet.

Draft saved Draft deleted