1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your 2009 Pulitzer Winners

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Apr 20, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So who's the best journo never to have won a Pulitzer?

2. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

Adding a congrats to the guys at the Trib. They put together some really telling stuff, not just on the knee-jerk hostility to what our fine "America's Toughest Sheriff" is doing, but about the waste involved and how it's making the daily operations of the sheriff's department suffer.

Very sad what's happened to that paper, but it's a lovely (and frustrating) grace note for their final year as a daily.

3. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Won't be long before the New York Times, the Washington Post and the WSJ get to win all the Pulitzers every year.

4. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I'm glad Julie found her niche. Congrats to her.
    Journalist Bill put her on hockey. It was a disaster.

5. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

Hey Pulitzer Wannabe, do you have a reason to change your handle yet?

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Indeed.

The book's not much of a read, IMO. And Andrew Jackson is one of my political heroes.

7. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

As stated before, the Detroit Free Press comes out seven days a week. It is only home-delivered three days a week. The other four days, it is published and sold on newstands and boxes and is available by same-day mail.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

My weekend Free comes 2-3 hours later now. And routinely, I cannot find it on the way to work, gas stations, news stands, or boxes are either empty - and have been forever, or are sold out. It sucks.

9. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Two of this year's winners were laid off prior to the announcement:

http://www.portfolio.com/views/blogs/mixed-media/2009/04/20/layoff-victims-among-pulitzer-honorees

At least they can update their resumes.

10. That NYT story on the Pentagon's paying of TV military "analysts" was awesome.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I just hope they didn't drag those guys back to the paper for the TV cameras.

12. awriter

awriter Active Member

Charlie Villaneuva.

Draft saved Draft deleted