1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your 2008 Super Bowl halftime act is ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Oct 10, 2007.

1. boots is sooooooooooooo there!

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I understand the Super Bowl doesn't want to be edgy, but they scored with U2 and Prince in years past. But doesn't it seem there has to be a period of 10 years since your last #1 record before you are eligible to get the gig?

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Comedy Central, you've GOTTA roll out a South Park special.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

If the entertainment has anyone with a criminal past, are they allowed to still perform during the Super Bowl halftime?

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Witchy Woman is my favorite Eagles song not called Desperado. There, I said it.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Outing alert: IJAG is Elaine Benes.

7. Claws for Concern

So where are the members from Night Ranger from?

8. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

On a complete threadjack ...

This is an good article from The New Yorker about Muzak:
    http://www.newyorker.com/archive/2006/04/10/060410fa_fact

Lots of interesting stuff in there about how it's changing and all the things they do.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Northern California I believe. Also home to Huey Lewis and the News, Doobie Bros, MC Hammer, Too Short, Santana, Sheiia E., Creedence Clearwater Revival, Journey, Grateful Dead, Boz Scaggs, and of course Green Day. Now that would be a halftime show.

10. etsuwes

etsuwes Member

I can't believe Garth fell through after reading that link. That would've been big, IMO since he is the biggest selling solo artist in American music history. He'd be better than the Eagles because of the sheer energy he has in his shows. I know many of y'all probably hate country and I'm not a huge fan of that genre, but he's the best concert I've ever seen and I've seen AC/DC, KISS, Metallica, Aerosmith, Prince, Elton/Billy Joel, Smashing Pumpkins (recent Orange Peel) to name a few.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Shorten that up to Huey Lewis, Boz Scaggs and Green Day, and I might go buy a ticket today.

12. Claws for Concern

How many Bammies have been won by Night Ranger?

Draft saved Draft deleted