1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Youngstown State clears Mal'ik Richmond to play

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Oct 5, 2017.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Coach: Football player convicted of rape earned a 2nd chance

I hate to agree with Bo Pelini about anything but in this case, he and the school are right. This isn't some kid who committed a crime and the coach is letting him play "because we have to let the process play out." He got convicted and served his time. If the kid stays out of trouble (and he is), he's got every right to play anywhere.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That's how I felt about Mixon.

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

"SECOND DOWN AND NINE!"

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I could get behind a school policy that bars anyone from participating in extracurricular activities if they have been convicted of a violent felony.

But that policy doesn't exist. So they have to let him play.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Why wasn't the school and coach right until they stopped him from playing and lost a court case when he sued them?

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Yes. I someone wants to draft him or let a college kid play under those circumstances, fine. But they also have the right to pass on him. I don't think the women of Youngstown State are in danger from this kid.

JC likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted